Contact Profiles are profiles about the users of your AI which can be read and written to by Flows and Endpoints. They can be used to store information persistently and personalize discussions with users.
You can manage contacts who interact with your AI's in Contact profiles. Contact profiles are persistent across time and shared across the organisation.
To manage contact profiles
- Click the Profile Icon in the top right corner
- Select Contact Profiles from the drop down
You can search for contact profiles in the top right search box. Sort the table by clicking on column headers.
- You can freely define the data schema of a contact profile:
- Click the Schema Editor button in the top right to open the editor.
- It shows each data field in the right hand pane.
- Click the + button in the bottom left corner to add a new field.
- Click on an existing field to edit a schema field
A schema field has a field name used in the user interface, a unique internal identifier Internal Name and a field type.
Field type limitations
Click on a contact row in the table of Contact Profiles to navigate to a contact profile.
You see the contact profile's Conversation on the left hand pane and all data stored in the contact profile on the right hand pane.
To disable data collection for the profile, click the Data collection active switch.
To delete the contact profile, open the secondary menu and select Delete Contact.
Click on a conversation to see messages and metadata for a conversation
Contact profiles allow you to personalize and work with individual contacts also across channels.
They can be used through Flow Nodes or through CognigyScript, where profiles are exposed as
To activate, deactivate, delete or merge contact profiles within your flow you can use the following nodes:
Cognigy helps our customers to stay fully compliant to Europe's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by allowing:
- The export of contact profiles via UI and API
- The deletion of contact profiles
- The turning off of data collection for individual profiles and endpoints
It is possible to configure an expiration time for contact profiles so that they will automatically be deleted from the system. This can be configured in the Management UI.
Updated about 2 years ago